Starting off your morning the right way is extremely important, as it sets the tone for the rest of your day.
No matter what time you wake up, setting aside some time for yourself can make a huge difference before you take on the day.
Nowadays, it seems we are always on the go. As a college student, I totally get it! Try starting out by implementing just one of these tips – then, try to add more on mornings when you have some more time.
- Set Goals for the Day – Try setting aside 10 minutes or more for reflection and goal setting. Make sure to write them somewhere; in your journal, planner, calendar, to-do list, etcetera! You are much more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down, so get writing!
- Get Up Early – Waking up early gives you much-needed quiet time before tackling the day. It also allows you the time you need to prepare for your day. We have all had those mornings where we are stressed and running out the door! When you get stuff done early, you feel like you have so much time left in the day. Think of already accomplishing your goals before 9 AM! How good would that feel?
- Do Yoga – One of my absolute favorite ways to start off a morning is getting straight on the mat. Whether you are a beginner or not, start out with some gentle and restorative poses. Make sure to take your time and not just rush through it to get to the next thing on your list. If you aren’t familiar with any yoga poses, just try stretching for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Make Your Favorite Breakfast – I mean really make breakfast. Don’t just make a piece of toast to grab-and-go, or pour hot water over instant oatmeal. Take some time to make your favorite breakfast food. It’s an instant mood-booster! Plus, you will be able to focus better after a healthy and delicious brekkie!
- Identify What You Are Thankful For – Pour yourself a mug of your warm drink of choice, then sit back and relax. As you drink, sit there in silence (no Tv or music!) and just work over your thoughts. Take this as a time to reflect, think about what you want your day to look like, and focus on the positive aspects of your life. Also, check out “7 Qualities You Should Seek in Everyone, Including Yourself.”
- Meditate – Meditation is the ultimate way to start your morning with stillness and serenity. If you have never meditated before, give it a try! I prefer to meditate immediately after yoga. Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and focus on your breathing. You can find guided meditations on youtube if you’d like to try that as well.
- Get Moving – Work out with the early birds! Do you have a daily workout routine, or have been wanting to try one? Add it into your early morning ritual – you will feel so accomplished and energized! Working out in the morning helps boost your metabolism (amongst other things) but also makes you feel ready to tackle your day.
I hope you use these tips to get out there and crush your goals for a productive day!
Great tips. I have found that waking up early really does put me in a better mood.
It makes the mornings feel more relaxed. Now I just need to find a way to incorporate yoga!!
This list sounds so relaxing right now. This post has inspired me to do yoga before my daughter wakes up.
So happy to hear that, Erica! 🙂
Love this ❤ good tips to consider instead of waking up complaining haha 😊
This definitely got me motivated!!! Unfortunately it’s already 11am but I’m going to change tomorrow!
Such good tips! I always struggle with my morning unless I have a plan laid out and a good breakfast to start me off!